Every open source project has an amazing community where individuals can use their particular skillset to help the project evolve. To ensure the project is managed and promoted in a way that maintains its primary objective, it needs feedback and help from the ever-growing user base.
One of the reasons we created ClassicPress was because WordPress was not listening to its users. We do not want to make the same mistake. This project has a simple motto, “The business-focused CMS. Powerful. Versatile. Predictable”.
And we need you!
Committee members are continually improving the project in all areas, from coding to marketing, but they can’t do everything on their own. Every project born from a fork has a lot of work to do, especially in areas such as new infrastructure, defining roles, procedures, tools and organizing tasks. ClassicPress is up against a big competitor in WordPress and it is not easy to compete without resources, which in our case, comes down to people.
ClassicPress is a community-led project, and anyone can contribute to it. Since the project started, many people have helped in a variety of areas, and we are certainly very grateful for that. You can clearly see this in the discussions on our public forums and our Slack channels. We couldn’t have launched Aurora without you!
As we move toward version 2, we need your support.
Many people are watching ClassicPress to see what we will do, and we need more hands to move it forward. If you are not a developer, designer, marketer or a native English speaker, you may be wondering, “How can I help?”
Well, you are already contributing to the project by reading this article! 🙂
Actually, it is very easy to contribute, depending on your available time. We have prepared a small list of example tasks where you can help the project and be part of our community.
- Join the forums and our Slack channels
- In the forums, subscribe to the categories that you are interested in most and join discussions
- On Slack, join our public meetings
- Help us with theme development for the ClassicPress website
- Help us with promotion on Twitter and other social media platforms by sharing our content (or writing your own!)
- Spread the word about the project with your co-workers or at events
- Help us with writing documentation about ClassicPress
- If you do video, we would also like some short videos about ClassicPress
- Test various WordPress plugins with ClassicPress and ask plugin authors to support it
- If you are not a native English speaker, contribute to the localizing of the code messages in your language
- If you are a developer, check the GitHub issues and join discussions or make pull requests
- Donate a small sum of money to enable the infrastructure to keep growing
We invite you to help us by finding the areas where we are lacking — how can we make it easier for you to contribute to ClassicPress?
We look forward to your comments!