Date/time: 7th September 2018, 5pm – 6.18pm UTC
Committee members present (alphabetical by surname)
- Pieter Bos
- Scott Bowler
- Rui Guerreiro
- Tim Kaye
- James Nylen
- Daniele Scasciafratte
Apologies from (alphabetical by surname)
- Fredrik Forsmo
- Fabian Wolf
Available via Slack. Click to jump to meeting start point.
Focus of meeting
The agenda was proposed by Daniele Scasciafratte with the following points:
- What is missing to release the 1.0.0 (LTS version) package?
- What websites do we need to release? And who will be responsible for them?
- How many people are on slack and how many are missing to join (based on emails number)?
- Can we can have Slack for non-profit gratis?
Discussion was mainly focused on point 1 and many questions were raised, answers offered and decisions were made. It was agreed that
- Tim Kaye will verify that we’re allowed to use WordPress endpoints (initial review seems positive), and if so, WordPress endpoints will be used for plugin checks and ClassicPress endpoints will be used for everything else
- The decision to show WordPress events has been deferred as a Github issue
- Zipped versions of ClassicPress will be hosted on Github
- We will handle localisation using Glotpress and hosting/setup will be handled by Daniele Scasciafratte and Scott Bowler
- Related GitHub issue: Update projects in tools/i18n/makepot.php #45
- James Nylen to create Github issues about API endpoints and Scott Bowler, Daniele Scasciafratte to help James Nylen resolve
- Rui Guerreiro to create Github issue needed for discussing testing of update mechanism including acceptance tests and Selenium web driver (or similar)
- Scott Bowler to continue on the not-for-profit slack version
- Scott Bowler to prepare the first newsletter mailshot to subscribers asking for help and to share updates
- Scott Bowler to recruit volunteers to help with development
- Scott Bowler and Rui Guerreiro to put together communications / marketing strategy
- Launch dates tentatively confirmed: Thanksgiving for BETA and Christmas for v1.0.0 launch