#Why join ClassicPress
- Grow your audience — gain new loyal users with minimal effort.
- Enjoy a free market with low competition between plugins (no giants yet!)
- Benefit from a helpful community.
our your new users
ClassicPress unites many different people from all over the world (mostly Northern America and Europe). The core of our community is deeply integrated with business and development. We are:
- Website developers
- Web studios and agencies
- Business owners
- Hosting providers
This isn’t just about giving your time to the community. Often, you can get it back! Please visit the plugins section of our forums to find out what working in a truly collaborative open source environment can look like. You are welcome to post releases, get feedback, do research and look for contributors when needed. The ClassicPress community is quite open and friendly.
Your plugin will normally work in ClassicPress if it supports:
- WordPress 4.9.x
- PHP 5.6 or higher
Technically, that’s all :] Simple, isn’t it?
#How to introduce/promote your plugin to ClassicPress users
- Submit your plugin to our plugin directory [planned, in progress].
- Tag your plugin with ‘ClassicPress’ to allow users to easily find them when searching on the WordPress.org site or repositories via the ClassicPress admin panel.
- Share a post about how your plugin supports ClassicPress in the Plugins section of our forums.
- Get the word out by offering a helpful post (article, tutorial) for our Blog, like this or this.
#Some specific features of ClassicPress
You are free to decide what features to use (or not to use). Consider them as opportunities to make your plugin even more powerful and popular.
#Best practice to detect ClassicPress via a plugin
#Moving your security settings under Security section
Further reading: Security page API