Today we’re excited to announce the release of ClassicPress 1.0.0-rc2, available immediately.
Here is a list of the minor changes in this release, as compared to our last one, 1.0.0-rc1:
- Remove files that were accidentally included in rc1
- Avoid duplicated rewrite rules (WordPress and ClassicPress) in
- Remove WP-only themes features, continuing from changes in rc1 (details)
- Add some explanatory messages for the default themes, since both parent and child themes are included (details)
- Use a consistent header for all About tabs in the dashboard (details)
- Fix a PHP notice in the dashboard petitions widget (details)
Testing is critical during the RC phase — if we have any new bugs in ClassicPress 1.0.0-rc2, we need to know now so that we can get them fixed before the final release! Otherwise, the final release will be out on Tuesday, March 5, as previously mentioned.
We invite you to put your new or existing ClassicPress sites on rc2 as soon as possible, and let us know if you see any issues, especially with regard to any of the areas that we changed.
For more information, including links to download the release, installation instructions, and a more specific list of changes, please see the release announcement on our forums.