Date/time: 9th October 2018, 5pm – 6.29pm UTC
Todos marked in bold italic.
Committee members present (alphabetical by surname)
- Pieter Bos
- Scott Bowler
- Fredrik Forsmo
- Rui Guerreiro
- Ray Gulick
- Tim Kaye
- Charles Lecklider
- James Nylen
- Daniele Scasciafratte
- Wade Striebel
- Dustin Snider
- Fabian Wolf
Focus of meeting
The agenda contained the following topics
- Team updates
- Deadlines for launch
- Role of the community team (incl. suggestions opened on Github as issues)
- Decision on plugin installation screen for v1 (https://github.com/ClassicPress/ClassicPress/issues/117)
- Process in a nascent project
1. Team updates
A lot of ground covered, a few todos appeared:
- Marketing; need to update the tagline on the Github repo – Pieter Bos has volunteered
- Fundraising: Look to get initial sponsorship from plugin developers
- Community: Requires more volunteers – marketing to promote
2. Deadlines for launch
To be confirmed by October 31st.
3. Role of the community team
- Community to put together process for handling community discussions that originate on Github
- #marketing and #community to meet to define a process for reaching out to potential volunteers
- first responders to issues on Github should focus on getting the issue in front of the right people
4. Decision on plugin screen tabs (popular, featured etc)
Deferred – requires more discussion
5. Process in a nascent project
This topic ended up being linked to the “Role of the community” topic.
6. Orange (colour of new site design)
This ended up going off on a tangent. Housekeeping for next time: topics which should be decided at a team level should not be added to the committee meeting agenda.
invisnet: I’d like to add one final item to the agenda: that the agenda for the next meeting has sufficient detail per item that we don’t end up disappearing down the rabbit hole again as we’ve done twice in this meeting?
Post-committee meeting note from Scott Bowler: This was our second committee meeting, and there are still teething problems. We need to make sure the committee agenda is clear and topics which should be decided at a team level should not be added to the committee meeting agenda.